Sunday, February 27, 2011

Elche and other random stuff...

This past weekend, on Saturday, a few of us went to Elche for the day. Elche is known for it's mass amounts of palm trees and cheap shoes! It was only 4 euros round trip by train and about 15 minutes away so  it was definitely an inexpensive trip and excuse to get away from Alicante for a little bit. We traveled with a bunch of other Erasmus students so it was definitely a process to get there with such a big group. However, when we got there, we all kinda split up and did our own thing. We walked through several parks (which are everywhere) and took lots of pictures. We never got the chance to go to the outlets but since it's so close, I'm sure we'll have time to go back again and check them out! I need some cute new shoes for the warmer weather :)

Today, I have just been lounging around the flat. I think I'm sick again so that's always fun. I've been drinking orange juice and eating healthier so I don't know what it is but it's getting annoying. But it was probably a good thing because being stuck in my room forced me to clean it and do some laundry. I always put off doing laundry because it's such a pain here compared to in the States. The washing part is easy but it's the drying part that gets on my nerves. The clothes lines are always full because I have so many roommates so I usually just hang my clothes up in my room. It's such a mess now. I have pants hanging from my bed and shirts over the window! Ughhh.. But other than that, things have been great here. Definitely going to take more advantage of the gym this week though. I had a beer drinking competition with one of my German guy friends the other day and I still haven't recovered. I feel like a piece of lard. NEVER have a beer drinking competition with a German...Result: Loss. I have failed you, 'Merica.

No comments:

Post a Comment