Saturday, February 5, 2011

Getting all of our classes and passes figured out

Yesterday, we went to the University to learn a little more about the IBP (International Business Program) classes that we would be taking. All of the professors have accents but they're not impossible to understand so thats good. I have decided that I may take Human Resources Management, Entrepreneurial Initiative (the one I have to take in order to receive my stipend), and Cross Cultural Business Behavior. I haven't decided which Spanish class I'm going to take yet because as I understand, some cost money if they're not through the university and I don't think I wanna pay for ALL my classes if its possible to avoid it.. I am interested in taking a Culture and Society class in spanish though so we'll see. Classes for my program officially start Monday so I"ll keep you updated on that soon.

After our meeting, Caitlin, Kira and I walked over to the gym to see how to get a pass. We talked to the lady at the desk and it ended up costing about 34 euro. I had to break a 50 euro bill and when I put it in the machine to pay, of course, it would only give me back coins so I am no carrying around 16 euros in coins..sweet. Haha But anyways, carrying a few extra pounds (the coins) we walked over to the track to check it out and since it was such a nice day, we decided that's where we wanted to be instead of using the machines in the other building (which is very dark and gloomy compared to the SRC at App fyi). We ran around for a little while and afterwards, because it was so warm, we layed down on the turf field in the middle. It felt amazing, although I was scared I'd get sunburn or something from that much sun exposure haha..i'm very pale.. But this means summer is right around the corner!!! Beach sooon??

Last night, we went to El Barrio and got into Mulligan's, a very popular bar around here. Kira and I met some Spaniard boys, however, because it was dark, I doubt they were very attractive, I was just excited to actually speak to them. However, they got me to put their numbers in my phone not that I have very many minutes to spare on people I don't know, but oh well..it's fun to have numbers!! PS. Still adjusting to kissing on the cheeks here. Probably did it 98798723 times last night. But it's fun, so watch out if I start kissing you all on the cheeks when I return. :)

Probably going out again tonight, but I will be going to the beach tomorrow for sure!! Kira said she might be wearing her bathing suit but I'm still not so sure I'm ready for that. It's a little windy here

No comments:

Post a Comment