Thursday, January 27, 2011

Miguel, el taxista

I forgot one more thing! Our taxi driver from last night, Miguel Angel was the most hilarious man I've met so far. We kept talking about all the drunk people on the streets and where the hot spots are for going out. He could obviously tell I was American so he tried to talk slower for me and explain things that I didnt understand. For example, when it was time to pay, he was like you don't understand the euros do you and gave me a bunch of coins to have so I could memorize what they looked like and not get so flustered when it comes time to pay for things. He wrote out a little cheat sheet and wrote the names of what they called the bills and the coins--monedas y billetes. I was dying laughing the whole time because he thought he was being so funny and then gave me a card that had his name and phone number if we ever needed a ride again. He may have been flirting a little too much for a 40 year old man but I will definitely be using him again in the future if we get lost coming home late at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment